Doxim is a leading provider of Customer Engagement Software for Financial Service Organizations. This software helps financial institutions transform their client experience, communicate more effectively throughout the client lifecycle and improve cross sell and upsell activities that drive increased wallet share. The SaaS-enabled platform addresses key digitization challenges, from automated client onboarding, through improved, personalized communications to anytime, anywhere content access, tailored to a clients’ channel preferences.
Located in Markham, Ontario location, we are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Ontario. We are expanding quickly and seeking this role to help manage our growth.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Counsel will oversee legal aspects of the business. The incumbent will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure as well will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company follows strict guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts for the business units involving product distribution, software licensing and statements of work, etc.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management on a variety of legal topics
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitors compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Expert in drafting and solidifying agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
- Deal with complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Conduct work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum education: Undergrad Law degree from an accredited Canadian law school; Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Minimum experience: 2+ years’ experience at a Tier 1 firm or in-house.
- Technical skills and/or knowledge required: Sound working knowledge of corporate and contract law, and exposure to IT/IP law would be an advantage; previous experience in (public) tech sector would be an asset.
- Non-technical skills/abilities: Ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple deadlines; exceptional organizational abilities; innovative and resourceful with a strong sense of corporate awareness.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, must be detail oriented, with proven negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedure.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- You work well on your own but also enjoy participating in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment where quick deadlines are the norm.