Doxim is a leading provider of Customer Engagement Software for Financial Service Organizations. This software helps financial institutions transform their client experience, communicate more effectively throughout the client lifecycle and improve cross sell and upsell activities that drive increased wallet share. The SaaS-enabled platform addresses key digitization challenges, from automated client onboarding, through improved, personalized communications to anytime, anywhere content access, tailored to a clients’ channel preferences.
Located in Markham, Ontario location, we are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Ontario. We are expanding quickly and seeking this role to help manage our growth.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Counsel will oversee legal aspects of the business. The incumbent will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure as well will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company follows strict guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts for the business units involving product distribution, software licensing and statements of work, etc.
- Proficient in drafting and solidifying agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management on a variety of legal topics
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient risk management strategies
- Develop policy & programs to administer the company’s corporate legal affairs and regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance with applicable privacy legislation
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Deal with complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to support the organization.
- Conduct work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Law degree from an accredited Canadian or American law school; Member in good standing to practice law.
- Minimum experience: 2+ years’ experience at a top tier firm or in-house experience.
- Technical skills and/or knowledge required: Sound working knowledge of corporate and contract law, and exposure to IT/IP law would be an advantage
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Deep experience in business law, familiarity with regulatory reporting within a technology company
- Regulatory policies across multiple jurisdictions to assess the potential business impact and opportunities
- Prior experience as in-house legal counsel advising organizations on such matters as privacy law, corporate law, employment law, CASL and general contract matters;
- Non-technical skills/abilities: Ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple deadlines; exceptional organizational abilities; innovative and resourceful with a strong sense of corporate awareness.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, must be detail oriented, with proven negotiation and influence skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- You work well on your own but also enjoy participating in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment where quick deadlines are the norm.